5th Aptil 2017
WOW, what a big decision Andrew and I have made.
On the 1st of April 2017, we decided to change our lifestyle and go PALEO.
There are a few reasons why we have decided to do this, these are a few:
- Needed to lose weight
- Sick of being tired, no energy
- Improve our sleep at night
- Help Atila get off his meds, or at least cut the dosage back
- Help Cordys’ behaviour at school
- Stop feeling hungry all the time
- Stop eating junk / takeaway food which will help save some money
I thought it would be a great idea to keep a record of things as they happen, and why not do it here.
So, as I said, we started on the 1st of April.
The first thing they suggest you do is clean out your pantry and your fridge, that way you are not tempted to “stray” from your path.
Now that was a task.
Going Paleo means you don’t eat the following: (these are only a few of those things)
- Wheat, grains, legumes, seeds, starches, soy, sugars, dairy, gluten, processed food, anything that when reading the indrediants suggests that it may be a science experiment
So, cleaning out my pantry and fridge really opened our eyes as to the amount of cap we have been eating. No wonder we are overweight, not sleeping well and have a lack of energy.
We didn’t just throw everything in the bin, we decided to give it to a family friend, who then passed it on to a young family that is doing it really tough at the moment.
Wow, look at all that space in the pantry and fridge. Awesome.
Time to go shopping and get some “good stuff” to put back on the shelves.
- Almond Flour, Almond Meal, Coconut Flour, Coconut Milk, Coconut Cream, Activated Nuts, Eggs, Fresh Herbs, lots of Bacon and Chicken, fresh Veggies and salad stuff (no beans, peas or corn), Apple Cider Vinegar, Coconut oil, Nut Butter, Animal Fat
I personally noticed the changes happening to my body within the first day.
I wasn’t needing my afternoon nap, and I wasn’t craving sugar foods and not snacking like I used to.
It also gave me some extra energy, which made me spring clean my entire kitchen. (May have taken me 3 days to do it, but I did it)
I gave away things I would no longer use, like our rice cooker and popcorn maker.
I weighed the family before we started on the morning of the 1st of April, to see if there would be any differences, especially to Andrew and myself.
I weighed myself again this morning, and to my surprise I have lost 1.8kg…yep, 1.8kg in 4 days.
Oh, and I feel awesome.
We don’t know everything about Paleo yet, it is a learning process that will go on for a while yet.
It is certainly fun though and I can’t wait for the Paleo recipe books to arrive that I found on ebay.
I have already tried a few recipes that I found, especially the Coliflower Fried Rice and these yummy Apple Nut Biscuits and Pancake Mix.
I might add a section here for Recipes I think.
Well, that’s it for today, got things to do.
Catch ya round in a day to 2.